Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Days 1 & 2

Wow, what an amazing two days! I am going to have so much fun! I love the 5th grade team teachers and I have managed to learn all my students names by the end of the first day when they are in their seats, and about 90% of them when I see them in the hall or outside while waiting for the bell. I have an incredible group of students that are very bright and creative thinkers. Yes there are the troubles and trials, but in all the group as a whole is awesome! EIther these students just rock or I've chosen the right profession (perhaps a little bit of each). I've completed my first lesson plan for a writing mini-lesson and sent it to my lead teacher, who will be reviewing it and then giving me a date as to when we will place it next week. On Friday of next week I'll be the main teacher for the day which is exciting because of the short week and the fact that the students have been testing on Wednesday, so we get to have a fun day of learning instead of just routine schedule. I'm going to be pulling out some of my fun science stuff we learned in Dr. Crowther's class and some of the fun activities we did in Dr. O'Reilly's Social Studies methods class. I'll be doing some tanagram activities for math and some working with some fun writing skills excersizes like Mad Libs or something for ELA. Learning still happens, we just don't have to stick with the main schedule. I'm really excited about this day and super nervous also, because my lead teacher will not be there is I lose management. Next week is going to be about preparing for this day. I have not had the opportunity to substitute teach for the school district prior to this day, so this is realy my first time on my own!!!

2 comments: