Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Getting Initiated in the World of Teaching!

Today was my first official day as a student intern. OMG! I am so excited I think I'll burst. I am going to love working with Mr. Albright. He and I think along the same brain wave. Right down to color coding our subjects. It was not planned. I put my Portfolio II binder together many days ago, and designated the color blue for science (blue is my favorite color, and science is my favorite subject so naturally I put them together), math is purple because that is my other favorite color and my other favorite subject. Social studies is green and ELA is red. Well, low and behold today we are meeting with our UNR supervisor and and opening up our binders (his was the 5th grade standards and lesson plans) and wouldn't you know, he sees things the way I do and his colors matched mine per subject! Both of us are a bit OCD when it comes to organization, so we are going to get along just fine =)

I met with the other teachers of the team for 5th grade as well as the other school administration and grade teachers. It seems to be a tight knit family and they welcomed me with open arms and open classroom doors. I'll be getting the opportunity to come teach lessons and observe in the other 5th grade classrooms as well a a full day observation in a subject I choose (Science probably) for 6th 7th and 8th grade so that I can see where the students are headed towards in their futures at Cold Springs Middle School. The principal seems really glad to have me there and is looking forward to observing how I progress as a student teacher! UNR was not kidding when they said your student teaching semester is like one big job interview. I really want to be assigned to this school, and so I NEED to shine this semester!

Notes I need to remember though, are my eyes seems to dry up in the building. I must bring my eye drops and get my vision tested soon. I have to convince the insurance company to let me be seen a month early, because my eyes will not make it to October when I am due for my annual exam. I also need to get my flu shot this year! A must and I should do it tomorrow when I am on the UNR campus so I can get it and the HEP A/B series for free!

Tomorrow I will be going to the ice cream social to meet with students and their parents as they get their class assignments. I get to bring my kids with me, and that should help little Natalie understand "Where's Mami going?" In all I am very excited for the school year to begin. I worked very hard to get to this point and next to having my children, this is my dream come true! Bring it on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment