Total Pageviews

Friday, August 24, 2012

My First Full Day!

While teaching the students begins on Monday, today was my first full day at the school. I've been up since 5am and I'm starting to see double of everything this evening! Adjustment time and acclimation shall be my focus over the weekend, rather than sleeping in.

In all it was a fabulous day. I have my first official mini lesson to plan for writing. I think I'm going to jump in with a workshop with writing stations at each set of desks. The assignment is to teach them the stages of pre-writing (remember it's a mini lesson so it shouldn't have all the stages of writing yet) so a workshop with them moving from station to station will not only be good for the kids to get up and about, but also would make for a great first observation with my UNR supervisor and the principal! I get to do this mini lesson during the second week. Also if it's a successful lesson, I may get to teach it in 6th period writing enrichment. This would be an awesome opportunity to show my skills in differentiating because during the mini lesson its the whole class an during enrichment its about 7- 13 students that need the extra support.

I can't explain yet in words the excitement I feel. I'm on the precipice of something great. Days before my dream begins. I explained to my husband, an immigrant from Eastern Europe, that today I feel the same as he did 10 years ago after he got the Visa to America, bought his plane ticket and was on the train to the airport. My take-off is Sunday night and I land on Monday morning starting my new life!

Watch Out 5th Grade...Ready or Not Here I Come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment